The goal of this project was to develop a next-generation active vibration cancellation platform for the company AMETEK – TMC. TMC offers a complete line of advanced floor vibration isolation systems.
Designed to isolate ultra-precision instruments from building floor vibrations down to below 1 Hz, the Everstill K-400 is ideal for optical microscopes, SPMs, and metrology instruments. TMC’s Everstill K-400 active vibration cancellation benchtop platform was named by the editors of Microscopy Today magazine as one or the ten most important and useful innovations developed for the microscopy community in 2015.
- Industrial design for the solution’s aesthetics, functionality, ergonomics, manufacturing and packaging
- Engineering of all mechanical components, including auto-leveling and passive vibrations attenuation
- 3D model of the entire mechanical design
- Finite element analysis of the passive and active isolation systems developed specifically for this machine
TOOLS AND METHODS USED
Based on the client’s needs, Creaform used the following tools and methods:
CATIA Industrial design sketchesGD&T
- Industrial design sketches